Martin Black manages the day-to-day financial and administrative functions at DS Contracting, LLC. In addition to holding a key decision-making position, Martin oversees asset allocation, bonding, risk assessment, IT, and the firm’s administration department.
With 20 years of business experience, Martin is skilled in data analytics for creating detailed financials and reporting mechanisms. He provides DS Contracting’s management teams with important data to drive the decision-making processes for streamlined operational and administrative functions.
A graduate of the University of Central Florida, Martin has operated several successful businesses across multiple industries including hospitality, retail, wholesale, and construction. His entrepreneurial background in startups and experience in successfully growing small-to-medium-sized businesses supports DS Contracting’s drive to foster long-term relationships with customers. Through undiluted communication, meticulous financial-systems, paper and electronic recording and filing systems – Martin tracks the various aspects for success in the commercial construction process.
- MARTIN’S HIGHLIGHTS: Entrepreneurial successes in building multi-million-dollar companies – including accomplishments in industries ranging from construction, to retail, to hospitality.
- University of Central Florida, B.A., Political Science and Public Administration
- Northwest Florida State College, A.A., Economics
- CERTIFICATIONS: Sommeliers, Taekwondo (Black Belt)
- COMMUNITY / INVOLVEMENT:
- Share Our Strength (Feed the hungry)
- Taste of the Nation, Committee Chair