Construction for Education Facilities and Institutions
DS Contracting, LLC has developed longstanding relationships with several educational entities throughout Florida. Our dedicated staff has completed numerous projects located at K-12 sites and university campuses.
General Contractor & General Trades Contractor
DS Contracting has a history of delivering exceptional workmanship on time and on budget for institutions relying on taxpayer dollars. Customers in the education realm have trusted our talented teams for construction services, general trades, and wall covering services. Our team knows how to successfully plan and execute a broad range of construction projects, renovations, and additions. We also understand requirements state and federally funded institutions must abide by, such as ADA, Jessica Lunsford Act, and Davis Bacon Act.
Our work has included major facility installations for ceilings, piping, ductwork, electrical, air-handling units, structural framework, and a long list of specialty trades. We perform all aspects of planning and general construction services to get your job done right, on time, and within the budget for your school district, university, or academic institution.
- Lake Weir Middle School- Principal Office Renovation Lake Weir, Florida
- Work included the removal of structure and slab, CMU infill and stone veneer, remove/replace HVAC and ductwork, remove/replace drywall and ACT and grid, minor electrical work, carpentry roof patching, gutters & downspouts, installation of new hollow metal frame, door & hardware, painting, decorative metal fencing, and sod.
- University of Central Florida- HVAC Renovation of the Engineering Building I, Orlando, Florida
- Renovation of existing mechanical equipment. Demolition of select AHU’s, chilled water piping, ductwork, pumps, exhaust fans, fume hoods, electrical, fire alarm and building automation system (BAS). New air handling units, chilled water pumps, fume hoods, exhaust fans, dampers, VFD’s, sensors, chilled water piping, duct work, BAS, etc. New electrical breakers, disconnects, conduit, wiring, etc as required for the replacement of the mechanical components and for new components. Removal, storage and reinstallation of fire alarm duct detectors and shut down relays for the associated mechanical equipment. Sealing of walls to eliminate migration of air from future lab spaces to other areas in the building, new roof walk pads and penetrations required to facilitate this scope of work. New structural steel for the support and tie down of mechanical equipment. Phased installation of all items to maintain the occupied building with no to the building occupants.
- University of Florida Lake Nona MTM Expansion, Orlando, Florida
- Provided and installed all ceiling tiles; gypsum board; plaster and stucco.
Contact DS Contracting at 352-304-6192 to discuss transforming your construction plans into a successfully completed project.