Construction for the Healthcare Industry
We have the precise experience, certifications, and skills for successful projects, whether we are completing new construction for a healthcare facility or renovation. DS Contracting puts safety first when working in occupied spaces such as emergency departments, trauma centers, or MRI facilities. We also serve your needs to repurpose a space for structural growth or to accommodate for new equipment, such as expansions for large imaging technologies.
General Contractor & General Trades Contractor
Members of our leadership team have built careers in construction for the healthcare industry, including over 30 hospital renovation projects. In addition to certifications through the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA 10 and OSHA 30), we also have team members who work extensively with regulatory agencies such as Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) and team members with certifications in Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA).
From deadline-driven renovations of operating rooms, to fuel tank and air-handling unit replacements for occupied medical centers, DS Contracting can point to proven results in safely meeting critical construction and maintenance needs for customers in the healthcare industry.
- Westside Regional Medical Center – EPSS Upgrades, Plantation, Florida
- Construction of (1) new 6,000 gallon fuel tank to serve the West side of the medical facility, (1) new 6,000 gallon fuel tank to serve the East side of the medical facility, replace existing 600KW generator in West Powerhouse with 1,000KW generator, replace 900 KW generator in East Powerhouse with 1,000 KW generator, construct new electric room for new East Powerhouse main switchboard, re-feed existing panels from new distribution panels, replace distribution panels, switchboard, transfer switches, and quick connect. Work also includes parking modifications, landscaping, mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection scopes.
- Aventura Hospital and Medical Center – AHU #20 Replacement, Aventura, Florida
- Replacement of existing air handling unit on 3rd floor
- Munroe Regional Medical Center – Pyxis Upgrade, Ocala, Florida
- Construction of a new PYXIS renovation including 34 rooms performed in 2 phases and an 11 room Ortho-Patient room renovation performed in 3 phases.
- Medical Center of Trinity – West Pasco Campus Chiller, AHU, & Generator Replacement, New Port Richey, Florida
- Upgrades to the central energy plant and replacement of existing generator
Contact DS Contracting at 352-304-6192 to discuss solutions for your healthcare construction project.